The civil construction industry is certainly booming with projects from CV$5m – CV$10b currently in construction phase…and there is more to come! The conundrum however is to which employer do you decide to join that will develop your skills, that has an attractive culture and that rewards their staff appropriately?
Our client is a family owned success story with a history dating back half a century. They have grown to more than 600 staff through a strong systems orientated approach, supportive and family orientated company culture, engineering nous and a devotion to ensuring client satisfaction.
A need now exists for a Senior Project Engineer to support the project and lead the engineering capability for recently won projects.
Reporting to the PM, areas of responsibility include:
• Directing and coordinating the activities of a project team, programme work loads and provide technical and administrative guidance to project staff to ensure aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved.
• Ensuring project completion is on time and within budget. Record completed work, costs incurred; materials used and retain progress drawings.
• Assigning work and assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards of supplier, subcontractor quotations/purchase orders as well as subcontractor agreements.
• Meeting the specific requirements of quality system, procedures, and other relevant codes, standards and specifications.
• Monitoring and coordinate all phases of project progress (including manpower), ensure equipment, facilities and services meet specified requirements.
• Attending site meetings.
• Participating in planning future requirements including machine tools, ancillary equipment, major plant and labour.
• Directing site surveys and preparatory work prior to major construction.
• Seeking guidance on complex technical problems, policy matters or labour problems as required for a satisfactory completion of construction work.
On offer is not just a job, but a career and support from one of Australias biggest privately owned Construction companies – interested?
If you have a Degree in Civil Engineering, exposure to DTMR projects and looking to fast-track your career from SPE to PM then please don’t hesitate to apply by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3350 5198 for more information.