The shift away from fossil fuels has created a massive industry that is exponentially growing – that of Renewable Energy. Solar and Wind Farms are now dotting the landscape, the advantage being less emissions, quicker construction programs and the ability to install the product and infrastructure nearly anywhere.
Our client has partnered with a number of renewables clients and EPC’s to delve into this market and is starting to see some success with the award of a Solar Farm and Wind Farm on the South Coast.
Although they have an Experienced Solar PM working on the Solar Project, they are now seeking a Windfarm delivery specialist that will lead the team, reviewing constructability, managing costs and planning and liaising with the client and client representatives to successfully deliver the project to time and budgetary constraints.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Developing and reviewing construction planning and monitoring progress of allocated projects to ensure they are on schedule and within quality and cost estimates.
• Authorising construction planning, programming and on-site completion schedules and liaising with the General Manager over completion dates for different phases of construction.
• Supervising and scheduling the activities of Site Engineers, Foremen and on-site purchasing and administrative staff to ensure coordination of the construction process.
• Coordinating and controlling site staff and physical resources to achieve construction targets.
• Liaising with the General Manager to modify design in construction systems and methods necessitated by the progress of construction.
• Reviewing project costs and taking corrective action if significant deviations from budget occur.
• Coordinating the branch safety committee to resolve potential safety issues.
• Controlling project programming, cost control, time control, quality control, purchasing, contract administration, general site administration and the activities of sub-contractors
And other duties as required.
A degree in Engineering and experience in renewables is most definitely a consideration for this position as is a strong communication style.
Why not apply or call us for more information – 07 3350 5198 or email email@example.com.