Our client, a mid tier civil contractor with a national presence, has certainly been making a statement of late with 5 major project wins this month on Projects anywhere from CV$10m – CV$80m. Always aggressive in their approach yet with a penchant for developing strong, long term relationships, they are looking to revisit their growth forecast for this and next financial year due to this strong performance.
One of these project wins has been in the Transportation sector – it’s a highly technical job under a live environment and as such they are populating the project team with experienced personnel with runs on the board in project delivery. There is, however, a vacancy in the Civil Superintendent position and it is this role we are seeking to fill.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the candidate we seek will be responsible for:
• Providing input into the master construction plan as required
• Managing a number of supervisors each with specified responsibilities within the plan
• Providing accurate and timely reporting of progress against the plan
• Planning the programming of day to day resource requirements and communicate these to the construction team
• Monitoring, overseeing and developing employee capability and performance
• Monitoring external changes to work plans and report the effect of change
• Leading section meetings and review progress in productivity, design and achievement of commercial requirements
• Ensuring adherence to environmental and safety legislation
• Contributing to the contract review process
• Interfacing with other managers to share best practice and ensure effective resource utilisation
And other duties as required.
Have you managed technical challenging live civil projects through to successful delivery?
Why not apply or call us for more information – 07 3350 5198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.