Lower tier Contractors moving into upper tier spaces has seen unprecedented competition between civil contractors pricing projects for State Government, Local Government and Private Enterprise. Countering this, these contractors have had to streamline and improve efficiencies within their companies and be ever more vigilant when presenting project bids.
We work for 4 Mid Tier contractors who all have a strong presence both in Qld and the East Coast. They generally bid for civil projects with contract values ranging from CV$10m to $200m and are always top 3 (if not the winning bid) in whatever projects they choose to estimate. They are all aggressive in their approach and possess teams of talented pre-contracts staff upon which they are hoping to add.
Upon consultation with their Estimating Managers they have requested staff for the following roles:
1. Civil Estimator – Nth Qld – Roads
2. Civil Estimator – Brisbane – Roads
3. Civil Estimator – Brisbane – Water/Civil Infrastructure
4. Senior Estimator – South Brisbane – Water/ Civil Infrastructure
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for:
– Ensuring Compliance with the tendering procedures
– Ensuring that Tenders are submitted on time
– Accuracy in costing and other tender details
– Preparing the request for authority to proceed with the tender and gaining the appropriate authorisation
– Ensuring that risk analyses are undertaken in accordance with the tendering procedures
– Ensuring that each tender is based on appropriate construction methods, is technically and numerically correct and adequate provision is made for both direct and indirect resources
– Maintaining accurate document control throughout the tender process
– Ensuring that prior to the tender being submitted all documentation is completed accurately and is appropriately authorised
Experience levels vary with the roles on offer but the client suggest those with intermediate as well as vast experience levels should seriously consider applying, and knowledge of Expert Estimation is a definite advantage.
Relocation and initial accommodation support will be provided.
Apply or call us for more information – 07 3350 5198 or email email@example.com.