Read More Testimonials...
I followed their advice and it made sense - today I am a Project Manager 2 years before thought I would be!
Listed 6th Feb, 2012
Construction (Infrastructure) > Engineering
General Manager, Engineering!
Large, driven contractor seeks technical maestro who can also manage a talented team!
- Brisbane Location
- New Role with a large diverse Contractor!
- Market Leading Salary Package
When awards are won for engineering and construction, they are the recipients.
When surveys are conducted regarding best workplaces and market leading cultures, they are top 10!
Our client continues to be the benchmark in contracting, yet again dominating the engineering and construction scene with some large project wins, plenty of ECI stage bids and other promising signs of potential project wins.
To cope with the sudden influx of orders and success Senior Management have decided a General Manager – Engineering was required to manage the technical aspects of each project including management of design, project controls and estimating to ensure that each project is up to the high standard the contractor is known for …then exceeds it!
Reporting to the Executive General Manager, the role will be responsible for:
- Developing a systematic approach to bid and tender review
- Liasing with the construction team to assess constructability and review potential areas of risk
- Liasing with the client or representatives to appreciate the clients needs with regards to technical requirements
- Ensuring that all projects are compliant to the companies safety, environmental, community and quality management plans
- Managing a high performing team of different disciplines
- Progress reporting and financial assessment of each bid
- Liasing with design consultants and design managers
- Working with the Business Development team to put forth accurate, constructible and financially beneficial tenders to the client on behalf of the contractor
And other responsibilities as required.
A Best fit for this role would be a candidate possessing a Tertiary qualification in Engineering, professional attitude, senior level management experience and a focus on delivering large projects to the clients satisfaction as well as working and managing a high performing team to achieve successful outcomes.
Up to the task?
If so please send Expressions of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3309 2153 for more information.