Listed 23rd Dec, 2014
Construction (Building) > Estimating
Building Estimator - Qld
Industrial/Commercial Builder seeks estimating expert!
- Mid Tier Builder
- Jobs up to CV$100m
- Defined Career Path
This contracting identity is really starting to take the market by storm! With over 15 projects occurring concurrently they have a stranglehold on the Qld Industrial Commercial market and it doesn’t look like relenting after 2 more project wins late last week!
What is the reason for their success? Company culture has a lot to do with it as does accurate pricing, technical building expertise and the ability to work with their client base to provide a cost effective building solution.
Undergoing this type of expansion brings opportunities and our business partner now seeks an experienced Building Estimator to assist in the preparation of accurate and timely estimates for assigned projects.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, primary responsibilities include:
• Obtaining necessary approvals before commencing tender work.
• Preparing detailed cost estimates for wage/labour/plant rates, quantities, prices and costings for projects under the guidance of a Senior Estimator or similar position.
• Issuing price enquiries and evaluating quotations.
• Preparing tender files ensuring all information is collected and filed in accordance with the tender filing system
• Reporting on tender results on a regular basis
• Preparing estimates for minor projects without supervision.
• Implementing company tendering policies and procedures when preparing all estimates.
With Tertiary Qualifications in a Construction or Engineering discipline and substantial experience in developing relationships with internal, site based and office based stakeholders, this will be an opportunity for you to utilise your skills in alignment with one of Qlds most prominent builders.