Listed 14th Oct, 2010
Construction (Civil) > Project Management
Bid Leader - Civil
Exciting Senior role at the ‘coal face’!
- Brilliant, award winning contractor
- Wide and diverse scope of projects
- Brisbane Base
A lot of this success has been built on their success in attracting outstanding talent – professionals who share a common goal of winning work, constructing the job to the best of their ability using leading techniques then handing it over to a satisfied client!
Their talent pool is now quite stretched due to a bulging order book and to ease the burden and workload they are actively seeking a Bid Leader (Civil) to build and lead a team from inception through to handover of the successful tender to the Construction Team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Business development and project development
- Managing a large high performing team
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Developing the management plans for the bid i.e. Project Management Plan, reviewing the Safety Management Plan etc
- Establishing a rapport with the client and addressing their needs and wants moving forward
- Reviewing the scope of works and, together with the bid team, looking for any cost savings or unnecessary design aspects that may not be necessary to address said scope
- Keeping a Tab on financials and costs for the project
- Reporting to the Operations Manager on Bid progress
- Ensuring that key Safety, Environmental, Quality and Community governance is obtained and enforced throughout the bid
And Other duties as required by the Operations Manager
A ‘best fit’ would be a Civil Contracting/EPCM professional with a record of large project success and possessing excellent public/private sector networks – additionally, an engineering degree and 10+ years experience would grant the applicant an audience.
Interested? Please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com .