Read More Testimonials...
They found me the role I always wanted, and now I use them exclusively for our needs.
- Top Tier Contractor
- Top Tier Contractor
Listed 26th Jan, 2012
Mining > Engineering
Cost Engineer Options
Be it construction or project team orientated our clients require your services
- Contractor - EPCM - Consultancy
- QLD and WA options
- Site and city based project teams
Our clients are building and managing some of Australia’s largest, most complex, ground breaking engineering projects being launched across Qld, WA, NSW, SA, NT and Victoria. The mining and resources boom is certainly boosting the economy and it shows no signs of abating. For our clients this is certainly promising news and for suitably qualified candidates, you can now take hold of this opportunity to bolster your skills around these once in a lifetime opportunities.
Reporting to the Project Controls, Project Service’s or Commercial Managers you must be qualified and experienced and able to carry out the following;
- Strong communication and presentation skills including a technical aptitude
- Attention to detail, analytical approach and accuracy with cost and data reporting
- Work in conjunction with the Planning/Scheduling staff, reviewing costing and budgets
- Implementation of cost controls to support the cost function against the scope of works
- Prepare and maintain cost forecast and reconciliation systems and various packages
- Reviewing commercial and construction requirements and activities, report accordingly
- Reporting of costs relating to construction activities, estimating materials and labour
- Financial and progress reporting to management and client stake holders
- Fluent with reporting systems (Oracle – SAP – Primavera – JDE) inc Microsoft Office
- Contract documentation, Project Claims and control principles implementation experience
- Experienced across tendering and bid packages including current methodology
- Site based construction experience in large heavy engineering projects
- Office based project team experience management of multiple projects
Prerequisites for these roles include tertiary qualifications in construction, engineering or finance. Exposure to large heavy engineering projects including Contractor/EPCM/Client exposure would be favourable.
If you feel that you have the necessary background, capability and qualifications please don’t hesitate to email your most up to date CV (Word format) and Cover Letter to email@example.com .
Please remember, we are here to help you get exposure to the movers and shakers in the management, heavy engineering, mining and construction industry across Australia. We have new roles coming in on a regular basis and we are always looking for suitably qualified people for our clients.
“The right job for the candidate – the right candidate for the job”