Listed 10th May, 2011
Oil and Gas > Commercial Management
Cost Control Engineer
Exceptional opportunity at the coal face!
- Exciting opportunity in a major resource contractor
- Professional and supportive culture
- Proactive International Contractor supporting best practices
Through budgeting and cost support, implementation and monitoring of project construction costs, your role will assist internal and external stakeholders to complete project and construction activities on time, cost effectively, compliant with standards set by the client, the community and within regulatory framework.
Key responsibilities are:
- Support Construction / Area and Project Managers in the development of work area construction budgets.
- Provide an effective and accurate reporting service in support of Project Management reporting requirements (contract valuation and forecast)
- Ensure the accurate maintenance of construction activity through the allocation of resources
- Support construction start up and execution by assisting in the development of integrated Project Planning and Execution frameworks, ensuring budget, program, WBS and other control systems work together
- Provide an effective interface with members of the project team, including construction personnel, engineers, planners, management as well as other members of the Project Controls Team
- Through the effective monitoring of project scope of works / variations, maintain an up to date and accurate reporting system of construction activity relative to man hours, materials and progress completion
Key requirements of suitability would have you Tertiary Qualified in Engineering or a related discipline,proven cost management experience in a related industry, proven understanding of cost engineering and estimating, mechanical / structural engineering experience and possess the ability to communicate requirements to the construction team.
Up to the task? If so please send Expressions of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org