Read More Testimonials...
I went from a small mid tier contractor to one of the biggest contractors on Earth.
Listed 22nd Dec, 2010
Management/Advisory > Construction Management
Business Unit Manager – Power Projects
Assume responsibility for developing a Power Business unit for a Major Constructor!
- Key Corporate Role
- National Contractor
- Brisbane Location
Central to their requirements is the integration of a Business Unit Manager to lean, develop and motivate the power business unit to achieve its potential and additionally out perform its competitors.
Reporting to the General Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Business Development and client liaison, paying particular attention to the positioning of the business in the market and the markets perception of the business as well as promoting capabilities and increasing networks
- Project Development and bid leadership/review – working in conjunction with the client to understand key aspects of the bid and associated design
- The financial position of the business unit including increasing profitability and review of costs
- Managing all relevant stakeholders
- Providing open communication as per the directives of the business unit and key messages to be relayed
- Ensuring compliance throughout the Business Unit to all management plans ie Safety, Quality, Environment and Community
- Training and motivating staff members and performance managing staff when required
- Review and updating the Business Unit Business and Marketing Plan
- Supporting Project Managers in the delivery of won projects
To best perform this role, prerequisites include tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering, large project delivery experience, excellent industry networks, experience in a similar role and the desire to take the business unit to the next level.
Please send Expressions of Interest to email@example.com .