Listed 18th May, 2009
Construction (Civil) > Estimating
Senior Civil Estimator - Key Role!
Rarely will such a key role become available – especially in these uncertain times!
- Brisbane city role
- Dynamic and successful National top tier player!
- Security, stability…opportunity!
The construction industry is certainly in a state of flux – plenty of big projects in concept phase but very little funding means that most will stay in concept phase for many years to come. The flow down effect is that construction activity, for the short term, will be adversely affected via less projects for contractors to bid for and increased competition for those projects. As such it is crucial for companies to win the tenders that are let for their own survival…too bad they are in competition with our client!
Our client is a multi disciplined construction heavyweight responsible for the delivery of some of the most important and successful infrastructure projects in Australia. They appreciate the importance of an experienced estimating professional who is capable of providing highly competitive and constructible estimates in a tight time frame, and are determined to provide the best possible working conditions and benefits in order to attract the most talented Estimators in the market!
They foster a culture of support and security, and believe genuinely in teamwork. The Senior staff are very approachable and mentor the less experienced staff in each office. This effectively places them at the forefront of Contractors for their combined experience and exposure to big, complex projects and scenarios – they have seen it all!
As a Senior Estimator you will be reporting to the State Estimating Manager, and will additionally be responsible for:
- Design reviews and assessment of construction plans to establish best practice methods
- Establishing and further enhancing relationships with key subcontractors and suppliers
- Meeting with the client to clarify any tender issues and enriching the client/contractor relationship
- Compiling a tender package in conjunction with other estimating and bid staff that is accurate and cost efficient for all stakeholders
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Familiarising yourself with any company software
- Constantly assessing new methods/technologies in the construction market
And any other duties as required by the State Estimating Manager.
Obviously, a Civil or Construction related degree is critical to fulfilling such a prestigious and critical role, as well as experience estimating on large civil projects with a record of success.
To apply for this outstanding opportunity please email a CV and a cover letter to: Info@in2work.com.au .
“Do yourself a favour - send through your CV if you feel that you are close to the criteria specified- APPLY NOW!”