Listed 6th Jul, 2015
Construction (Building) > Design
Design Manager - Brisbane
Award winning Builder seeks to engage a Design Guru!
- Mid tier D&C Builder
- Brisbane Location
- Great package and plenty of variety!
The building market in Brisbane hasn’t seen this much activity for a number of years, and as such the balance of power in terms of talent engagement is shifting from the Top Tier to the Mid Tier builders. There has also been a marked shift in the sizes of companies winning the work, and our client is one of those who have stepped up to take on the big guys and is beating them at their own game!
With a number of Design and Construct contracts close to being secured, they have asked In2work to source them a top performing Design Manager to manage all stages of the project design from initial concept, award of contract, right through all design phases including statutory approvals, construction and commissioning on site in accordance with agreed guidelines to meet corporate objectives.
Reporting to the Building Manager, the applicant will be responsible for:
• Pro-actively seeking out and identifying new project opportunities within the marketplace by establishing and maintaining professional relations with potential and existing clients.
• Leading and guiding a design team for a designated project to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and profit objectives.
• Pro-actively contributing to the development of the cost plan to maximise company resources.
• Defining or approving design methods, specifications and performance or functional requirements for new projects.
• Programming work loads and providing technical and administrative guidance to project staff.
• Contributing directly to the resolution of technically difficult design problems
• Liaising with sales or marketing executives to review design problems or assist in customer negotiations, and attending to the technical aspects of requests for quotations and technical literature.
Have you performed in a similar role with a Builder in the Australian Building Market?
Ideally they seek a candidate with a Building Background and Tertiary Qualification in Building or Construction Management, a sound communicator with knowledge of relevant codes and compliance and a strong manager with the ability to interface between the client and the builder while managing design and design consultants.
If you feel that you have the necessary background, capability and qualifications please don’t hesitate to email your most up to date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call 07 3350 5198!
“Follow us on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more Jobs, News and Updates!”