Read More Testimonials...
I needed a break from the city, and Darryn found me the perfect role FIFO from Perth - thanks again.
Listed 16th Oct, 2009
Construction (Infrastructure) > Commercial Management
Commercial Manager – Central Qld
Mining infrastructure project seeks an experienced Commercial Manager!
- National employer of choice
- CV$500m+ Project
- Top package and site allowances
With many large projects either underway or about to start, it seems like the Global Financial Crisis is finally behind us – it hindered many industries, few more so than the Australian Construction Market, and seriously delayed the extraction of resources that fuels our economy.
Now that these large contracts are now being awarded it is more important than ever that the financial and contractual facets of these projects are kept under control for the client and the contractor.
Our client has won a new mining infrastructure project in North Qld and has requested In2work to source a Commercial Manager to ensure commercial integrity of the project is maintained and enhanced through commercial activities and timely and accurate reporting, supporting project decision-making.
Reporting to the Project Manager, responsibilities include:
- Establish commercial/financial systems for the project
- Development of commercial procedures and standard contract documents
- Maintain a handle on all costs as well as budgeting and forecasting
- Manage, motivate and develop Contracts and Accounts team
- Prepare, review and award tender documents and packages
- Financial reporting
- Management of the head contract as well as associated subcontractors
- Manage progress payments, claims and variations
- Supporting the Projects Safety, Quality, Environment and Project Management Plans
If you are self motivated, tertiary qualified in a Construction related discipline, professional and can commit to a company long term register your interest by emailing your resume, together with a cover letter, to Info@in2work.com.au. Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Just a reminder - as a candidate we can offer you free membership to our site - you can post your profile online and be exposed to a variety of Top and Mid Tier Local, National and International employers - it generally only takes a few minutes to fill out and you can add as much or as little information as you like! Check out www.in2work.com.au/candidates.php for more details!