Listed 12th Jun, 2011
Oil and Gas > Contracts Administration
Cost Control Engineer
Great Opportunity to take your effectiveness and efficiency in Cost Controls to the next level !
- Support construction start up and execution of major projects
- Effectively control operating costs and project budgets
- Be a part the largest projects and budgets released in Australia
Key responsibilities are:
- Support Construction / Area and Project Managers in the development of work area construction budgets.
- Manage expenditure against budgets while highlighting any deviations & work arounds
- Provide an effective and accurate reporting service in support of Project Management reporting requirements (contract valuation and forecast)
- Ensure the accurate maintenance of construction activity through the allocation of resources against relevant cost codes.
- Support construction start up and execution by assisting in the development of integrated Project Planning and Execution frameworks, ensuring budget, program and other control systems work together using an established set of cost codes.
- Provide an effective interface with members of the project team, including construction personnel, engineers, planners, management as well as other members of the Project Controls Team
- Through the effective monitoring of project scope of works / variations, maintain an up to date and accurate reporting system of construction activity relative to man hours, materials and progress completion
- Support construction supervisors in the use daily monitoring actual levels against the clients program, quality, cost effectiveness and time frames.
Key requirements of suitability would have you Tertiary Qualified in Engineering or a related discipline, proven cost management experience in a related industry, proven understanding of cost engineering and estimating, mechanical / structural engineering and be a proactive lateral thinker and problem solver.
Up to the task? If so please send Expressions of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org