Read More Testimonials...
I needed a break from the city, and Darryn found me the perfect role FIFO from Perth - thanks again.
Listed 26th Jan, 2015
Construction (Building) > Estimating
Estimator – Building
Exceptional Residential and Commercial Builder seeks Estimating Pro!
- Mid Tier Builder – Brisbane Base
- Jobs up to CV$100m
- Support, a Defined Career Path and fantastic package!
Our Business partner, a Mid Tier Residential and Commercial builder based in Brisbane, are really starting to win the majority of projects they tender within the Qld Market. Their relationships, systems and ability to ‘read’ the market and a clients needs has enabled them to really refine their approach and this has attributed to their success.
The building market is strong in Brisbane and this has allowed them to establish themselves as one of the more preeminent builders in the market, willing to take risks and diversify into other facets such as Industrial projects and Retail.
They are however smart enough to know that a business is only as strong as its people and their current estimating team has become stretched – in response to this they are now seeking an Estimator to assist in the preparation of accurate and timely estimates for assigned projects.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, primary responsibilities include:
• Obtaining necessary approvals before commencing tender work.
• Preparing detailed cost estimates for wage/labour/plant rates, quantities, prices and costings for projects under the guidance of a Senior Estimator or similar position.
• Issuing price enquiries and evaluating quotations.
• Preparing tender files ensuring all information is collected and filed in accordance with the tender filing system
• Reporting on tender results on a regular basis
• Preparing estimates for minor projects without supervision.
• Implementing company tendering policies and procedures when preparing all estimates.
With Tertiary Qualifications in a Construction or Engineering discipline and substantial experience in developing relationships with internal, site based and office based stakeholders, this will be an opportunity for you to utilise your skills in alignment with one of Qlds most prominent builders.
With regards to the salary package, they are prepared to negotiate to attract the best candidates in the market!