Read More Testimonials...
I followed their advice and it made sense - today I am a Project Manager 2 years before thought I would be!
Listed 20th Jan, 2014
Construction (Infrastructure) > Engineering
Director of Engineering – Contractor side
Large, driven contractor seeks technical maestro who can also manage a large, talented team!
- East Coast Location
- New Role with a large diverse Contractor!
- Market Leading Salary Package
They are the recipients of numerous industry awards within their areas of specialization, and are recognised as one of the few true contractors able to deliver a project within budget and cost parameters time and time again!
When surveys are conducted regarding best workplaces and market leading cultures nationally, they are top 10!
Our client continues to be the benchmark in contracting, yet again dominating the engineering and construction scene with some large project wins, plenty of ECI stage bids and setting the bar high due to their aggressive pursuit of opportunities and ability to develop a lead into a project working in conjunction with the client.
To cope with the sudden influx of orders and success Senior Management have decided a Director of Engineering was required to manage the technical aspects of each project including management of design, project controls and estimating to ensure that each project is up to the high standard the contractor is known for …then exceeds it!
Reporting to the Executive Director of Construction, the role will be responsible for:
- Developing a systematic approach to bid and tender review
- Liasing with the construction team to assess constructability and review potential areas of risk
- Liasing with the client or representatives to appreciate the clients needs with regards to technical requirements
- Ensuring that all projects are compliant to the companies safety, environmental, community and quality management plans
- Managing a high performing team of different engineering disciplines
- Progress reporting and financial assessment of each bid prior to submission
- Liasing with external design consultants and design managers
- Working with the Business Development team to put forth accurate, constructible and financially beneficial tenders to the client on behalf of the contractor
And other responsibilities as required.
A Best fit for this role would be a candidate possessing a Tertiary qualification in Engineering, professional attitude, senior level management experience and a focus on delivering large projects to the clients satisfaction as well as working and managing a high performing team to achieve successful outcomes. Ideally the candidate should have substantial experience working for a contractor entity as well as a background in design management.
Up to the task? If so please send Expressions of Interest to email@example.com or call 07 3309 2153 for more information.
“Follow us on Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for access to the latest roles and news nationally and internationally!”